FundRock passes EUR100 billion in AUM
FundRock, a leading European third-party UCITS Management Company (ManCo), Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM) and Authorised Corporate Director (ACD), has passed EUR100 billion in AUM, and now serves over 450 funds.
FundRock has scaled the business significantly in recent years and now has over 150 employees across five locations in Luxembourg, the UK, Ireland and Singapore. Its recent acquisition by Apex Group provides access to new jurisdictions through the Group’s globally connected operating model across 45 offices, supported by 4,000 employees. Clients will now benefit from Apex’s long-established presence as well as access to the broader Group’s single-source solution capabilities; across fund solutions, middle office, ManCo services, digital banking, corporate solutions and ESG ratings and advisory services.
FundRock continues to play a crucial role in the financial services ecosystem, evidenced by a number of service expansion, enhancement and key client wins in the last year including:
• The roll out of a pioneering liquidity management service to assist asset managers during the Covid-19 crisis and to prepare them for new European regulations;
• Appointment by WHEB Asset Management as ManCo for Irish ICAV;
• Appointment as the management company of a newly launched smart beta fund Primus Solutions ICAV, distributed by Deutsche Bank;
• Appointment as AIFM and Company Secretary to Jupiter US Smaller Companies PLC by the Company’s Board; and
• Appointment as the ManCo of the recently launched Chimera UCITS ICAV.
In 2020, FundRock was ranked first in PwC Luxembourg’s index of third party Management Companies and made its first entry into the list of licensed AIFMs in Luxembourg where it was ranked sixth following a year of rapid organic and inorganic growth.
Xavier Parain, Head of FundRock, says: “We are delighted to celebrate this significant milestone of EUR100 billion AuM and would like to especially thank our clients for the confidence and trust they have placed in us in during our 16 years of operation. 2020 was a challenging year for all of us, and we are excited to enter 2021 with AuM of EUR100 billion and to join the Apex Group. Our existing reputation for delivering leading ManCo solutions, combined with the Apex’s wide breadth of services and geographical presence, creates a powerful partnership and gives us further strength and opportunity to expand and evolve our business in the years ahead."