Broadridge launches ESG advisory service
Broadridge Financial Solutions has launched a new ESG Advisory Service aimed at helping investors enhance their ESG programmes.
The new service, which leverages proprietary data, will help corporate issuers and asset managers improve sustainability strategies while effectively positioning their ESG programs with stakeholders.
"Companies are making corporate responsibility initiatives part of their business strategy as more retail and institutional investors raise ESG concerns and seek the long-term performance advantages and benefits of ESG-focused businesses," says Dorothy Flynn, President of Corporate Issuer Solutions at Broadridge. "Investors and other stakeholders are increasingly looking at ESG disclosures as a fundamental expectation, driving the need for additional connectivity between companies, investors and other stakeholders."
This new ESG Advisory Service combines Broadridge's data, technology and communications expertise and Third Economy's proprietary methodology for systematically evaluating sustainable investment efforts of companies, enabling clients to move from strategy through execution to communication by:
• Benchmarking ESG efforts to peers and industry best practices to identify areas for improvement
• Aligning ESG capabilities with emerging frameworks and standards, such as Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
Creating a roadmap for companies' ESG journeys, including policy and program development; metrics for measuring performance over time; ESG goals; and corresponding goal results disclosures
• Enhancing an ESG program through all aspects of shareholder communications, including ESG and Sustainability reports, proxy statements, and annual reports, and delivering them on the channels that investors and other stakeholders prefer and expect
• Calculating carbon footprints and setting long-term environmental impact reduction goals and help improve ESG ratings
• Helping asset managers align corporate ESG strategies with product development