This practical 2 day course provides participants with an overview of the regulation and principles behind good corporate governance framework. You will explore the relationship between management, finance, law and ethics and learn to effectively administer corporate relations and to contribute to corporate performance at a senior level within your organisation.
The programme includes many case studies from the GCC region and worldwide, exploring the best current practices and standards.
• Main Topics Covered Include:
• Corporate Governance Standards and Mechanisms
• Corporate Governance in Emerging Countries
• Competencies of company directors
• Corporate Governance in Banks
• The Role and responsibilities of the independent director
• Corporate Social Responsibility and independent directors
• Financial Goals and Corporate Governance
• IT Governance
• Overview of corporate governance standards from around the world: UK and Europe, US, Gulf Countries, Asia
• Case Studies include: Corporate Governance Trends in the Gulf, Arab Bank, Philippines, Singapore, Siemens, China Aviation Oil and more
The course is suitable for all staff in management & supervisory positions, irrespective of their specific job responsibilities.
Register now and take advantage of our Early Bird offer!
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 19:14
New regulations are allowing hedge fund managers and institutional investors to take advantage of fresh opportunities in the Swiss market, from innovative new fund platforms to new fund strategies and structures that provide significant portfolio diversification opportunities... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 13:49
Global gross domestic product (GDP) growth should accelerate somewhat in 2015 and 2016 from the pace of the last three years because of much lower oil prices, the avoidance of special drags on the world economy, and continuing easy monetary policies from global central banks, according to BNY Mellon Chief Economist Richard Hoey. Hoey (pictured) made the comments in his February outlook. ... »
Wed, 21/01/2015 - 09:44
Read how prime brokers of all shapes and sizes are becoming both operational and balance sheet-efficient, and broadening out their product suites for hedge fund managers... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 10:06
This Hedgeweek Special Report explains not only why managed futures should be reconsidered by investors, but also how a more effective risk allocation strategy can benefit investor portfolios in both correlated and non-correlated markets... »
Fri, 30/01/2015 - 10:12
55% of private equity firms surveyed by Preqin at the end of 2014 stated they would deploy greater levels of capital in 2015, although 39% suggested it is more difficult to find attractive investments. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin comments: ... »