Jointly organised by CFA Institute and EDHEC-Risk Institute, the Advances in Equity Portfolio Construction Seminar aims to provide investment practitioners with the tools to better understand the limits and benefits of different portfolio construction approaches, and to discuss alternative index strategies.
This exclusive event is presented in a highly accessible manner by instructors who combine academic expertise and industry experience. It strikes a balance between exploration of new models and a study of applications.
Felix Goltz, Head of Applied Research, EDHEC-Risk Institute
Raman Uppal, Professor of Finance, EDHEC Business School
Key Learning Benefits:
The seminar will enable participants to:
• Understand the limits of various portfolio construction tools; find out about the dangers of naively optimised portfolios and the benefits of robust optimisation.
• Review the state of the art in estimating risk parameters; discover how to achieve robustness of risk parameter estimates, and how to capture the dynamics of risk parameters.
• Review the challenges in estimating expected return parameters and learn about new approaches for estimating expected returns using parametric portfolios, risk-based estimation, and estimates implied from option prices.
• Study the limits of traditional equity indices; find out about the minimum-variance benchmark, equally-weighted benchmark, fundamentals-based weighting schemes and other new forms of indices; discover the objectives and assumptions underlying alternative indices and learn about model selection and hidden risks entailed in the choice of a particular benchmark.
• Discover how the different steps in alternative equity index construction methodologies contribute to investment outcomes. Understand alternative construction approaches for defensive equity strategies and fundamentals-based equity strategies.
• Investigate relative risk concerns when deviating from market-cap weights and explore approaches to manage model risk and peer-group risk.
Standard rate: EUR2,700
Early bird rate available before January 13
CFA Institute Member rate: EUR2,025
Further Information and Registration:
For further information about the event please visit our webpage: or contact Mélanie Ruiz at EXECeducation@edhec-risk.com or on: +33 493-187-819
Continuing Education Credits
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Programme, EDHEC-Risk Institute has determined that this programme qualifies for 13 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, continuing education credit for your participation in this programme will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.
Thu, 30/07/2015 - 11:00
Cybersecurity is no longer simply an IT issue, it is now a business issue. This is the conclusion of the experts and fund managers around the world whose opinions were polled for this landmark Hedgeweek Special Report, which outlines Best Practices for Cybersecurity in a fast-changing environment where managers need to keep several steps ahead of cyber criminals... »
Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:51
A couple of years ago, the title Chief Information Security Officer, or CISO for short, was a foreign concept within the hedge fund community. The winds have changed, however, as hedge funds become increasingly targeted by cyber hackers, causing many to hire a CISO to uphold the network integrity of the firm. ... »
Wed, 27/05/2015 - 11:00
State Street Global Advisors has unveiled the results of an in-depth survey of 420 senior executives within global private and public pension plans, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, summarised in this keynote Hedgeweek Special Report... »
Tue, 19/05/2015 - 11:00
This keynote Hedgeweek Special Report surveys the key technology products and software solutions available to hedge funds,, and drills down into each one through interviews and analysis to summarise their benefits to COOs, CTOs and CFOs at hedge funds... »
Tue, 21/04/2015 - 10:00
The hunt for diverse streams of alpha is intensifying, and skill-based risk-adjusted returns are the Holy Grail for all investment managers. Global Fund Media (GFM) brings you AlphaQ, a bi-monthly compendium of investment ideas, skill and talent across all asset classes, and a network of the best asset management talent... »
Mon, 31 Aug 2015 00:00:00 GMTPh. D / Quantitative Researcher - NYC
Mon, 31 Aug 2015 00:00:00 GMTInvestment Banking Restructuring Analyst/Associate
Mon, 31 Aug 2015 00:00:00 GMT