22-23 January, 2013 – London - Early bird available before December 21
The Advanced Hedge Fund Investing Seminar is an intensive two-day course that will impart advanced concepts and practical tools for optimal construction and risk management of hedge fund portfolios. It will also enable participants to use latest performance and risk decomposition as well as due diligence and risk budgeting techniques to create superior hedge fund portfolios while controlling for risk.
François-Serge Lhabitant is Affiliated Professor of Finance at EDHEC Business School and a member of EDHEC-Risk Institute, and Chief Investment Officer at Kedge Capital Fund Management.
Robert Kosowski is Affiliated Professor of Finance at EDHEC-Risk Institute and Associate Professor and Director of the Centre for Hedge Fund Research at Imperial College London.
Key Learning Benefits:
The seminar will enable participants to:
- Understand advanced performance and risk attribution for hedge funds.
- Examine the practical importance of time-varying risk exposures in hedge fund portfolios and advanced techniques to deal with them in practice. Learn latest techniques to distinguish risk-taking from skill in hedge funds.
- Develop an understanding of advanced alternative beta decompositions including variance and correlation risk.
- Appreciate the role that quantitative hedge fund strategies can play in a diversified portfolio. Learn the key drivers of returns in quantitative hedge fund strategies such as CTAs, quantitative long-short equity funds and pairs trading strategies. Learn how to incorporate insights about capacity constraints in hedge fund strategies into the portfolio allocation process.
- Examine the implication of performance and risk attribution insights for hedge fund replication. Appreciate differences between different hedge fund replication approaches.
- Learn advanced hedge fund portfolio construction and due diligence techniques. Understand how hedge fund performance measures can be manipulated and how to address resulting issues. Learn due diligence techniques and performance flags that help spot potential misreporting.
- Find out how to incorporate hedge fund return predictability into the portfolio construction process. Understand the value added of Bayesian techniques for hedge fund allocation.
- Explore risk budgeting and risk allocation approaches in the context of hedge fund portfolios. Understand the implications of time-varying risk exposures for risk budgeting.
Standard rate: EUR 3,500
Early bird rate: EUR2,800 available before December 21
Further Information and Registration:
For further information about the event please visit our webpage:
or contact Mélanie Ruiz or on: +33 493-187-819
To book a seat, please visit our online stores or contact Mélanie Ruiz or on: +33 493-187-819
Continuing Education Credits
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Programme, EDHEC-Risk Institute has determined that this programme qualifies for 14 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, continuing education credit for your participation in this programme will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.
Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:51
A couple of years ago, the title Chief Information Security Officer, or CISO for short, was a foreign concept within the hedge fund community. The winds have changed, however, as hedge funds become increasingly targeted by cyber hackers, causing many to hire a CISO to uphold the network integrity of the firm. ... »
Wed, 27/05/2015 - 11:00
State Street Global Advisors has unveiled the results of an in-depth survey of 420 senior executives within global private and public pension plans, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, summarised in this keynote Hedgeweek Special Report... »
Tue, 19/05/2015 - 11:00
This keynote Hedgeweek Special Report surveys the key technology products and software solutions available to hedge funds,, and drills down into each one through interviews and analysis to summarise their benefits to COOs, CTOs and CFOs at hedge funds... »
Tue, 21/04/2015 - 10:00
The hunt for diverse streams of alpha is intensifying, and skill-based risk-adjusted returns are the Holy Grail for all investment managers. Global Fund Media (GFM) brings you AlphaQ, a bi-monthly compendium of investment ideas, skill and talent across all asset classes, and a network of the best asset management talent... »
Mon, 13/04/2015 - 11:30
Investing in commodities can yield handsome returns, but investors need to focus sharply on timing and diversify their portfolios away from traditional safe havens and into sectors such as agriculturals and products such as ETFs. As one expert reveals in this special report, "Gold is not the only yellow commodity one should have in their portfolio"... »
Fri, 03 Jul 2015 00:00:00 GMTSenior C++ Developer | Prop Trading | Chicago
Fri, 03 Jul 2015 00:00:00 GMTCredit Risk AVP/VP | Singapore
Fri, 03 Jul 2015 00:00:00 GMT