22-23 January, 2013 – London - Early bird available before December 21
The Advanced Hedge Fund Investing Seminar is an intensive two-day course that will impart advanced concepts and practical tools for optimal construction and risk management of hedge fund portfolios. It will also enable participants to use latest performance and risk decomposition as well as due diligence and risk budgeting techniques to create superior hedge fund portfolios while controlling for risk.
François-Serge Lhabitant is Affiliated Professor of Finance at EDHEC Business School and a member of EDHEC-Risk Institute, and Chief Investment Officer at Kedge Capital Fund Management.
Robert Kosowski is Affiliated Professor of Finance at EDHEC-Risk Institute and Associate Professor and Director of the Centre for Hedge Fund Research at Imperial College London.
Key Learning Benefits:
The seminar will enable participants to:
- Understand advanced performance and risk attribution for hedge funds.
- Examine the practical importance of time-varying risk exposures in hedge fund portfolios and advanced techniques to deal with them in practice. Learn latest techniques to distinguish risk-taking from skill in hedge funds.
- Develop an understanding of advanced alternative beta decompositions including variance and correlation risk.
- Appreciate the role that quantitative hedge fund strategies can play in a diversified portfolio. Learn the key drivers of returns in quantitative hedge fund strategies such as CTAs, quantitative long-short equity funds and pairs trading strategies. Learn how to incorporate insights about capacity constraints in hedge fund strategies into the portfolio allocation process.
- Examine the implication of performance and risk attribution insights for hedge fund replication. Appreciate differences between different hedge fund replication approaches.
- Learn advanced hedge fund portfolio construction and due diligence techniques. Understand how hedge fund performance measures can be manipulated and how to address resulting issues. Learn due diligence techniques and performance flags that help spot potential misreporting.
- Find out how to incorporate hedge fund return predictability into the portfolio construction process. Understand the value added of Bayesian techniques for hedge fund allocation.
- Explore risk budgeting and risk allocation approaches in the context of hedge fund portfolios. Understand the implications of time-varying risk exposures for risk budgeting.
Standard rate: EUR 3,500
Early bird rate: EUR2,800 available before December 21
Further Information and Registration:
For further information about the event please visit our webpage:
or contact Mélanie Ruiz or on: +33 493-187-819
To book a seat, please visit our online stores or contact Mélanie Ruiz or on: +33 493-187-819
Continuing Education Credits
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Programme, EDHEC-Risk Institute has determined that this programme qualifies for 14 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, continuing education credit for your participation in this programme will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.
Wed, 30/09/2015 - 11:21
A rising tide of regulation is threatening to swamp US hedge funds with significant trading, distribution and reporting issues.This Hedgeweek Special Report unravels these issues, guides managers through the solutions currently available to them, and examines the challenges of running activist hedge funds, where assets have grown to USD120 billion over the past decade... »
Wed, 23/09/2015 - 09:39
With interest rates set to rise, this Hedgeweek Special Report examines the the latest tools available to fixed income investors and traders in the form of the CBOE/CBOT 10-year US Treasury Note Volatility Index (The TYVIX Index) and TYVIX futures, which give traders an effective way to hedge, gain exposure to, or trade interest rate volatility.... »
Wed, 23/09/2015 - 09:31
Interest rate volatility is like a storm cloud building on the horizon. The US Federal Reserve has kept rates stable for nigh on a decade, but global asset managers are now preparing for their fixed income portfolios to feel the impact of a rate rise later this year. ... »
Thu, 10/09/2015 - 11:49
Cybersecurity has become a focus of the hedge fund industry lately and regulators are taking an increasing interest in assessing the resilience of firms to cyber attacks. The problem that hedge fund managers face, when starting to do such an assessment, is trying to find the right level of response; no easy task given the plethora of reports, commentaries on this subject. ... »
Fri, 04/09/2015 - 12:03
In this excerpt from Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets, H2 2015, we take a closer look at how investors source and select new investment opportunities, based on the results of our interviews with over 100 investors in hedge funds. ... »
Mon, 05 Oct 2015 00:00:00 GMTCredit Desk Analyst- Sell Side Investment Bank- NY
Mon, 05 Oct 2015 00:00:00 GMTInstitutional Equity Research Sales- Senior Level
Mon, 05 Oct 2015 00:00:00 GMT