Topics at a glance:
• Tax and Regulatory Update: What Has Changed and How Do These Changes Affect Hedge Funds?
• Getting Ready for FATCA: A Practical Guide to Help Equip Your Fund with the Essentials!
• Year-End Tax Planning Strategies
• Tax Consequences of Contributions and Distributions of Securities
• Investor vs. Trader -- Digging Deeper Than Ever Before!
• Working Through the Intricacies of Cost-Basis Reporting Rules
• State and Local Tax Update
• Addressing Current Cross-Border Tax Implications Part 1 – Handling Outbound Investments
• Addressing Current Cross-Border Tax Implications Part 2 – Handling Inbound Investments
• Taxation of Swaps, Commodities and Other Contracts
• Surviving the IRS Audit – What to Expect When the IRS Comes Knocking
• K-1 Preparation Essentials – Effective Interpretation and Preparation
• Taxation of Fund Investments in Real Estate
Subscribers of Global Fund Media are entitled to a 10% discount. Mention FMP115 during registration to enjoy this offer. Click here for more information and to view the conference brochure
Tue, 01/09/2015 - 13:05
This etfexpress Guide to ETFs, produced specifically for wealth and asset managers, unravels the myriad benefits of including and using ETFs and ETPs within client portfolios... »
Fri, 04/09/2015 - 12:03
In this excerpt from Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets, H2 2015, we take a closer look at how investors source and select new investment opportunities, based on the results of our interviews with over 100 investors in hedge funds. ... »
Tue, 04/08/2015 - 13:50
Over the last 10 years, organisations have undergone a wholesale change in the way they run their businesses. Thanks to cloud-based platforms, wireless Internet, and the proliferation of desktop and mobile device applications, the perimeter of most businesses has moved beyond the four walls of their office. This has revolutionised the way people work: no longer tied to their desks they can be equally as effective aboard an aircraft or sitting next to the beach on vacation. ... »
Thu, 30/07/2015 - 11:00
Cybersecurity is no longer simply an IT issue, it is now a business issue. This is the conclusion of the experts and fund managers around the world whose opinions were polled for this landmark Hedgeweek Special Report, which outlines Best Practices for Cybersecurity in a fast-changing environment where managers need to keep several steps ahead of cyber criminals... »